Powered by Blogger.

Welcome to the Ugly Kitchen Experiment


A number of weeks ago, I exclaimed to my husband that my dream job would be making up recipes and spending the day in the kitchen. I told him that I thought it would be fun to have a blog all about it.
Today, I realized, that I should try it. I’m not going to quit my day job, but I am going to blog about my food experiments.
Why not?
My life has already had little surprises lately–why not throw in another one? You see, I already have a blog (homeforhireblog.com) about home, life, and my Etsy store. I’ve been sneaking in recipes here and there, but I really wanted to create a place just for my cooking experiments. Just about the kitchen.
Our ugly kitchen.


We are renters and sometimes kitchens from the eighties need a facelift. Ours is one of them.
Since I’m a strong believer in being content with what you have, I’m going to be thankful for the kitchen that I do have–fake butcher block and all.
I’m also not a professional anything, and I don’t claim to know much about food. I’m decently skilled at following recipes, but I want to do more than read a recipe. I want to adapt it. Change it. Make it up. Experiment.
If you are awesome in the kitchen, feel free to giggle at my “amateurity.”
One last thing, our food budget is pretty skinny. Expect simple, affordable, and healthy meals. Don’t expect gourmet.
I hope that you enjoy reading about the ugly kitchen experiment!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP