Powered by Blogger.

Slow Cooker Apple Pumpkin Butter

This recipe was one of my first recipes that I whipped up without a recipe handy. If you've been to my other blog, Home for Hire, you might have already seen it. In fact, I may be cheaping by basically copying and pasting my original recipe...okay, I am cheating.


But! The cool thing is that I learned how to make a printable recipes--so now, you can easily print the recipe!


Here's the original post (with a few little tweaks!):


After trying out a few recipes for Pumpkin Butter a few weeks ago, I went on a mission to write my own recipe for the stuff. I'm getting daring, people.

Daring + Apples + Pumpkin = Pure goodness. Like I couldn't stop licking the spatula goodness.



Guess what else?


It's easy!

Try it and tell me what you think! I wish I could invite you all over for some toasted bread and apple pumpkin butter. We could chat about how darn hot it still is in Texas. And you would pat my back and say, "It's okay, Nicole. Eat your apple pumpkin butter. You'll feel better!"



Crock Pot Apple Pumpkin Butter
{Printable Version}
Makes approximately 3 cups


Ingredients:
5 medium apples (approximately 2 lbs...I used Granny Smith)
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1/4 cup of brown sugar
2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp cloves
1 tsp vanilla
1 can (15oz) of pumpkin puree

Directions:
Peel, core, and chop apples into small pieces. Put chopped apples into crock pot with the remaining ingredients. Stir. Cook on high for at least six hours. If possible, stir occasionally. When apples are mushy, put the mixture into a blender and blend/pulse until smooth. Or, if you are like me, leave it a little chunky! You could probably keep it in the crock pot for longer, but I got impatient.

Put into airtight container and store in the fridge or freezer. Find excuses to spread it on bread or add it to your morning granola.



Easy. Delish. Fall bliss!






Post a Comment

LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP