Powered by Blogger.

Grapefruit.


I've never known quite what to do with grapefruit. Often, I slice it in half, sprinkle on some sugar, and then dig in with a spoon. Although I enjoy eating it this way, I'm not such a fan of getting squirted with grapefruit juice and having sticky fingers after I'm done digging out the precious fruit.

And then I discovered that you can bake grapefruit. 

Now, I'm obsessed with it. I've eaten it for breakfast. Had it as a snack. And dressed it up for a warm dessert.

It's simple really.

Cut off the skin and cut around the core.


Slice the pieces and lay them into a pan and sprinkle them with little brown sugar and some cinnamon. A dash of lime is also wonderful.

Bake.


Eat. I like mine with a dollop of Greek yogurt.


Yum.

Baked Grapefruit
Makes one to two servings

Ingredients:
2 medium grapefruits
1 tsp sugar in the raw or brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut off grapefruit peel. Cut around core. Slice gently.
3. Place grapefruit pieces into a baking dish or baking pan. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
5. Enjoy warm with a dollop of yogurt or simply plain.


Post a Comment

LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP