Powered by Blogger.

Cauliflower and Pimiento Chowder


This year, Josh got me a handy dandy immersion blender for Christmas. Practical? Yep. Do I love it? Yep.

And I've been a little soup happy this week--getting in lots of practice with my new immersion blender. Maybe he should get me a new vacuum next year, and then I'll get vacuum happy :)

Maybe not.

I've been wanting to create and try this recipe for a while now, and I was happy to learn that it didn't disappoint. Not only is it light and smooth, but it is flavorful and lick-the-spoon good!


The key to this soup is roasting the cauliflower. And garlic. And onion.


You know it's done roasting when it looks a little brown around the edges. Just like it got a nice tan.

I wonder what that's like?


Have fun roasting, blending, and slurping away!


Cauliflower and Pimiento Chowder
Makes about 4 servings
Printable recipe

Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower
1 medium onion (thickly sliced)
3-4 cloves of garlic
1 14oz can of chicken or veggie stock
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup of pimientos from the jar (small jar)
1/2 cup of water
1-2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Break apart the head of cauliflower and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add the sliced onion and whole garlic cloves.
3. Using a spatula, spread olive oil over cauliflower, onion, and garlic. Sprinkle on pepper.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes (or until top is slightly brown).
5. In a large pot, warm chicken stock. Add roasted cauliflower, onion, and garlic (the garlic should come out of the outer shell/skin).
6. Break apart cauliflower in the pot. Once soft, blend it all together. You can use an immersion blender or pour mixture into a blender. Blend until desired texture. I like mine a little chunky!
7. Add water, pimientos, and sour cream. Mix together and serve.

{I'm sharing my recipe at It's Overflowering Tatortots and JelloWhipperberry}


Unknown  – (January 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM)  

Looks Delicious! Thanks for linking up!! Stop by again and register for my stencil giveaway!

XO, Aimee

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP