Powered by Blogger.

4 Ingredient Go Green Smoothie

I'll confess.

My pants are too tight. Not the just-out-of-the-dryer tight, but the yank-'em-up-and-hope-they-button tight.

Those morsels of spritz cookies, pizza, cider, hot chocolate, appetizers, potatoes, ham...etc are haunting me now. Jingle bells should be translated into jiggle love handles! Anyway, I always feel better after I eat fresh, wholesome, and light meals for a few weeks after the holidays. Plus, my pants tend to fit better too :)

Enter my favorite light breakfast: My go green smoothie.


Most of the time, I like it just as it is. Sometimes, I add some flax seed or oatmeal to make a little more filling.

It's definitely one of those things that you have to have a taste for. And my husband, well, he still thinks I'm crazy when I wander around the house, slurping my green stuff, and proclaiming, "This is SO good."

Maybe you'll think I'm crazy too. Oh, well.

Here are the ingredients:


I think that the lime is the star of this go green smoothie.


Recipe for Go Green Smoothie
Makes one smoothie

Ingredients:
1 small frozen banana
3/4 cup of almond milk (or regular milk). Reduce milk amount if you want it a little thicker.
1 cup of spinach (or kale)
Juice from one lime
(you can also add flax seed, oatmeal, other fruit, etc., for a more hearty mix!)

Directions:
Put it in a blender and blend away. Pour into a cup and enjoy!

{I'm sharing here: Tatortots and JelloWhipperberry}

AlexisAnne  – (January 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM)  

Yum! that actually looks really good- and maybe the kids would think the green is cool....

Trina M Curran  – (January 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM)  

Hmmmm...I've been wanting to try a green smoothie. So the spinach doesn't mess with the fruit flavor? I might have to try it. :) And you made me LOL about your pants...mine are the SAME way. Haha!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP